We are a trade wine merchants based in South West Somerset.
Quantock Abbey wines is an independent wine importer and wine supplier providing the highest quality wines to trade customers.We supply to pubs, restaurants, hotels, farm shops, independent wine merchants, small businesses and any other business who requires a regular supply of wine.
We deliver wine to the following areas:
- South & West Somerset
- West Wiltshire
- East Devon
- West Hampshire.
By keeping the business relatively small we can offer a tailor-made service for all of our customers. Within the people in the business we have a total of 50 years of wine trade knowledge. We are continually searching for high-quality, interesting and value-for-money wines from around the world at all price levels.
Please call the office on 01963 440404 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and speak to one of the team to arrange for one of our representatives to pay you a visit.
What we offer
1) The business has 2 full time sales representatives, Ian and Reg, who are out on the road supporting our existing customers and looking for new outlets.
2) We have a full-time administrator to take orders and deal with your queries
3) Orders can be placed by phone or email 5 days a week
4) We give you a regular delivery slot and we call you for your order on a day convenient to you so you can get on with running your business and not worry!
5) Bespoke Wine List – We produce a bespoke wine list in-house to list all your beverages, different options are available at different price points, please enquire for more info
6) Own brand labels – We understand you may want an own-brand label for your core range wines, and we can produce a label with your signature style
7) Wine tastings – If you want to get your customers in, why not offer them a wine tasting evening, we will supply the wine and one of our experienced reps will host the evening, introduce a selection of wines, provide plenty of info on the wine producers
8) Themed evenings – We can assist you in putting together themed nights at your venue. We can devise a wine menu to complement the meal you are offering so the customer gets the whole ‘experience’
9) Trade Wine List – This list is produced bi-annually and we are always monitoring the range available to ensure we have a good selection at all price points for our customers. We are always on the look out for new and interesting wines to add to our list. If you have a special request we may be able to get it in for you, always ask the question!
Please call the office on 01963 440404 or email us on email@example.com and speak to one of the team to arrange for one of our representatives to pay you a visit
History & People
Quantock Abbey Wine Cellars was formed in 1995 by Christopher Staniland and Andrew Mangles, both Independent Merchants working in the West Country
The move to Mill Farm, Weston Bampfylde in 2006 and the creation of a number of business units from the old farm barns allowed the business to grow alongside some thriving local businesses, a farm shop, beauty parlour and various others.
Andrew has been in the wine trade since 1982 and holds a Diploma in Wine. After a number of years both in the London Trade and on his own in the West Country, he decided to create Quantock Abbey Wine Cellars to offer a carefully curated range of wines to local businesses (pubs/ restaurants and shops) in Somerset, Devon and Dorset as well as private local customers. This has grown to encompass Wiltshire and West Hampshire as well as a UK wide service through the website.
Chris followed a similar path in the wine trade in London, and he merged his business with Andrew in 1995 to create Quantock Abbey Wines.